Thursday, December 23, 2010

Take A Bullet.

There's a song called Grenade by Bruno Mars. It's pretty self-explanatory.

'I'd catch a grenade for you.
Throw my hand on a blade for you.
I'd jump infront of a train for you.
You know I'd do anything for you.

I would go through all of this pain.
Take a bullet straight through my brain.
Yes, I would die for you.
But you don't feel the same.'

This song could easily be taken as a love sick pathetic teenage heartbreak song. Which. I'm sure most people have taken it. But. A person I look up to. So much. And love with my whole heart said something to me about this song, that pretty much changed. Everything.

'Isn't life about taking bullets? I mean. Not the literal gunshot bullet, but you're shot with hateful words, friends that once were. Taking a bullet for someone, I always thought, was literal as well as a metaphor. That you stand up for what's right, and if you're hated for it, the people that stick with you, take the bullets with you.'

You. Never took any bullets for me.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments: